Obtained my PPL in 1988, Cannes, France. Primarily for pleasure and quicker commute from UK to Geneva. Over 1000 flying hours, with longest flight from Rock Sound, Bahamas to Geneva, Switzerland in a Piper PA32-300. Direct Atlantic crossing from St. Johns, Newfoundland to Shannon, Ireland. More adventures to follow. Currently working towards aerobatic and ATPL ratings.
- CAA (UK) Private Pilot
- FAA (US) Commercial Pilot
- Single & Twin Engine Land
- SE & ME Instrument Rating
- High Altutude certificaton
- 1000+ hours total time
Learn to sail out of Brixham and the River Dart. Extensive training along the south coast of England and into the Bay of Biscay. Charted yachts for pleasure cruising in Mediterrean & Caribbean.
- RYI – Coastal Skipper License
- English South Coast & Channel
- Bay of Biscay & Northern France
- Mediterrean, Corsica & Greece
- US East Coast & Caribbean
I’ve been helping out at animal shelters since the 1970s. Mending, feeding, walking and caring for the lost, rejected and discarded four-legged friends. I’m now able to help on a much larger scale, using a lifetime of Information Technology experience, with APIs into thousands of animal shelter databases worldwide. I believe that an empty animal shelter is a good one. Several of my projects are geared to help make it so.
Once an African, always an African. I returned to the Bush in 2012 to help full-time with nature conservation. Using Information Technology and drones to combat poaching. Assisting game rangers with weapons training and physically walking more than 5000km, over a three year period, doing anti-poaching patrols. Apart from instilling better values in the minds of poachers, the only hope for wildlife in Africa, is sophisticated technology.
My current projects focus on generating residual revenue for various causes, using apps and websites optimized with accellerated mobile pages, artificial intelligence, virtual and augmented reality. While I’m now retired and no longer active in the commercial ITC arena, I like to stay on the cutting edge of technology.
Always a fan of technology, I built my first crystal radio set at the age 7. My father was an electronics technician and I learned a lot from being his underaged apprentice. My military service was done primarily as a communications centre instuctor. First exposure to the Internet was in 1981, sending morse code over packet radio on VHF & UHF to the world. AX.25 and AMPRNet came into my life. I was hooked. Thirty five years later…
- Burroughs B3900, B5900, CP95
- DEC PDP 11/23, 11/44, Rainbow
- DEC VAX 780, 4000, 6000, 8600
- IBM 3031/2/3, 4041/2/3, 4341
- IBM PC (1983 onwards)
- IBM System 36 & 38
- AT&T 3B2/300, 400
- ICL DRS20/40
- WANG V80
- NCR 8575
- GEC 4000
- MCP, CMS
- IBM VM, VSE
- RSX11M, Plus
- VRX, COS, BSC
- Windows Server
- UNIX, LINUX
- CPF, DMX
- VMS, DCL
- Rest API
- Token Ring
- IBM Db2
- MS Access
Internet & Web
- 1981 – First connected to the Internet via packet radio VHF & UHF.
- 1983 – Very active on BBS(Bulletin Board System) via 1200 bit/s.
- 1983 – Bought my first IBM PC 5150 – 64kB RAM & 2 x floppies.
- 1984 – User, Sysop, Moderator on Usenet, BBS & Fidonet,.
- 1985 – Started focusing on TCP/IP, X25, OSI, CMIS.
- 1986 – Developed email and Usenet interfaces.
- 1988 – Heavily involved in the Usenet community.
- 1989 – Moved to Ferney-Volataire, France near CERN.
- 1990 – First awareness of the World Wide Web @ CERN.
- 1992 – Became a member of the ISOC – Internet Society.
- 1993 – Discovered the joys of the Mosiac – NCSA browser.
- 1994 – Established The CyberChateau – Internet Training.
- 1995 – Opened Internet Commerc Centre in Switzerland.
- 1995 – Opened an Internet Cafe in ICC Building, Geneva.
- 1996 – Organized Internet Cruise from CERN to Montreux.
- 1997 – Developed affiiate programs for online marketing.
- 1998 – Moved to Silicon Valley and DotCom bandwagon.
- 1999 – Focused on Internet affiliate marketing strategies.
- 1999 – Founded the Internet Affiliate Marketing Association.
- 2000 – Staged AffiliateFORCE conference in Miami Beach, USA.
- 2001 – From DotCom to DotBomb and downscaling ensued.
- 2003 – Hosted affiliate marketing conferences in the USA.
- 2004 – Moved back to South Africa to share IT expericnce.
- 2005 – Partnered Internet Cafes and ADSL development.
- 2006 – Designed remote IT support systems over TCP/IP.
- 2007 – Autonomic computer repair over low bandwidth.
- 2008 – Managed Services Provider throughout Africa.
- 2009 – Content Management Systems with ASP.Net.
- 2010 – Web development agency using WordPress.
- 2011 – Started philanthropic initiatives on the InterWeb.
- 2012 – Nature conservation using drones over UDP, TCP/IP.
- 2013 – Retired – Now use the InterWeb to teach and give back.
- Raw HTML
- Plesk CMS
- Various CDN
Customer Relationship Management